CARING FOR YOUR HAND LOOMED TEXTILES WILL PRESERVE THE LIFE OF YOUR TURKISH TOWELS, GIVING YOU QUALITY THAT LASTS.
- Organic cotton is not absorbent to begin with. Soaking helps speed up the process of breaking in the fibres.
- To maximise the highly absorbent and incredibly soft nature inherent in your new organic cotton, hand loomed Turkish towels, we recommend “training” them with a one-time pre-soak in cold water for 24 hours.
- For peshtemals, soak for 6 to 12 hours then simply hang on line to dry.
- Please note that Ecru towels may need additional soaks 1 to 3 times to reach their maximum absorbency, since this is organic cotton in its most raw form.
- For daily care, machine wash in cool to tepid water about 30c to 40c.
- Hang to dry or tumble dry on cool to medium.
- Never use bleach or fabric softener on your hand loomed textiles.
- Organic cotton textiles will become naturally softer with each wash! They really do!
- Bleach breaks down the natural fibres with each use, reducing the strength and durability of the fabric.
- Organic cotton and linen are naturally resistant to moulds and mildews, due to their inherent anti-microbial properties.